Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Let's Get It Started. June 20th 2012

Ok,  so here I go with my first venture into the blogosphere- wish me luck! I spend a lot of time reading others blogs, usually equally split between paleo, bigfoot, and metal music blogs so I thought I'd give it a shot. Please bear with me if I am a little confused and frustrated these first months but hopefully I become adept at this format.


One of the first things I wanted to do with this blog is choose a topic I thought was weakly represented. So no I am not doing a blog on metal music or bigfoot (or bigfoot playing metal music for that matter) both are well represented on the net but I am doing one on paleontology. Now, there are any number of great paleo blogs out there- but I want to focus my efforts on really understanding and imagining how ancient ecological communities worked by elucidating the role of plants in past ecosystems. And I feel plants, and their allies fungi, have gotten short thrift in paleo blogs and paleo discussion overall.


Now this focus on plants will not be to the exclusion of the great dinos and other ancient beasties- I am first and foremost a dino-fanatic- I just feel we can learn so much about extinct animals by elucidating their relationship to other members of the community they lived in.

Now remember, a salad can have all kinds of stuff thrown into it- mollusks, fish, mushrooms, eggs- so don't be surprised if I don't always stick to plants. But what you should expect from this blog is novel and interesting questions and postulates on prehistoric ecosystems and how they functioned.

Let's have fun!!!



Support me on Patreon.
Like antediluvian salad on facebook.
Watch me on Deviantart @NashD1.Subscribe to my youtube channel Duane Nash.




1 comment:

Sara said...

Great to see you in the blogosphere. Looking forward to future posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...